> Building Permit & Inspections
> Sign Permits
All permanent signs require building permits including "face changes". All signs are regulated by the Planning and Zoning Department. The building permit submittal requirements are listed below.
Sign permit applications require a 5 business day review. Please consult the fee schedule for permit fees.
Sign Permit Submittal Requirements
1. 3 Copies of a plat of survey or site plan for all free standing signs
2. 3 copies of drawings/plans. One set to be in color
3. Detailed foundation/mounting plans required
4. Electrical work to be shown on plans
5. Original signatures of the property owner-not tenant- required on all permit applications
6. All contractors must be licensed and bonded-Contractor registration requirements can be found here
Sign Building Permit Application
Questions regarding sign approval or regulations should be directed to the Planning and Zoning Department at (847) 359-9047.
Temporary sign regulations can be found here http://www.palatine.il.us/departments/planning_zoning/sign_regulations.aspx