Scheduling the Inspection
After the rental fee has been paid, the owner or designated agent calls our office at 847-202-6673 to schedule the inspection of the rental unit:
- We will schedule the inspection appointment with the owner or designated agent only.
- Rental inspections are conducted Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We will schedule the inspection at a day and time that is agreed upon by the owner/agent.
- Owners should provide tenants with a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to scheduled inspection
NOTE: 24 hours’ notice is required if an owner/agent must re-schedule or cancel a scheduled inspection. If owner or agent fails to appear or cancel 24 hours in advance, a cancellation fee will be assessed.
The Rental Inspection
On the scheduled date and time of inspection, the owner/agent will meet the Inspector at the front entrance of the building housing the rental unit. Upon meeting, the owner and Inspector will then proceed to the unit to be inspected.
The Inspector will conduct the inspection, complete a Rental Dwelling License Inspection Form, and provide a copy to the owner/agent:
· If the inspection is approved, the owner/agent needs to take no further action.
· If there are violations to be corrected, the Inspector will explain them to the owner/agent, and describe the corrections that need to be
made.The owner will be granted 30 days to comply. The owner/agent is required to call our office to schedule a reinspection of the rental
unit. The first reinspection is conducted at no charge to the owner.