> Village Clerks Office
> Passport Services
The Village Clerk's Office Accepts Passport Applications Monday through Friday (9am-4pm), no appointment is necessary.
Location: 150 W. Wilson St. - NEC of Wilson & Smith St. (Temporary Location)
For a list of all Passport Acceptance Facilities, click here
How to apply for a Passport, click here
- Completed Application - Form must be signed in front of acceptance agent.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship - Either a certified copy of your birth certificate or a previous U.S. passport. Children under the age of 16 having a previous passport, require a certified copy of their birth certificate, in addition to submitting their previous passport. If you are a naturalized citizen, you will need original citizenship papers. (Submitted documents will be returned to you upon issuance of your passport).
- Identification ( i.e. Driver's License, previous passport, naturalization cert.) and an 8-1/2" x 11" photocopy of the ID document (both sides) that you will present when you apply in person.
- Passport Photo (background must be white or off-white)
- Passports for children under the age of 16 require the personal appearances and signatures of BOTH parents. The children need to appear in person with BOTH parents. Additional documentation will be required for exceptions.
- All persons who are not eligible to apply by mail, must appear in person to apply for a passport. This includes all minor children under age 16. This requirement is another important step in preventing international parental child abduction and trafficking.
Fees (Per Application):
If you are 16 years or age or older, the passport fee is $110. If you are under 16 years of age, the passport fee is $80. ONLY Checks or money orders, made payable to the U.S. Dept. of State, are acceptable forms of payment. Starter checks are not acceptable forms of payment. The check/money order must be dated on the date you apply for a passport.
In addition to the above fees, there is a $25 fee payable to the Village of Palatine, for each application.
After you apply for your passport, the U.S. Department of State will mail your new passport, along with any citizenship papers, to your home address. You should receive your passport within 4-6 weeks, after you apply. To receive your passport within three weeks, you may expedite your application for an additional fee of $60 per application.
Individuals requiring passports within 14 days or less need to contact Passport Services at 1-877-487-2778 to make an appointment, at the Chicago Passport Agency. Proof of travel dates and/or itinerary are required.
Passport Renewal Forms (Form #DS-82):
Please visit www.travel.state.gov
to download an application (#DS-82) to determine if you are eligible to use the renewal form. If you qualify, you will save the execution fee and must mail the completed form yourself. You do NOT need to appear before an acceptance agent to renew a passport. The passport fees for adults eligible to apply by mail are $110 for the passport book and $30 for the passport card.
(Only used for land or sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda. May not be used to travel by air.)
The passport application gives you the option to apply for a regular passport book, a passport card, or both. The fee for a passport card is $30, check or money order, made payable to the U.S. Dept. of State. In addition, there is a $25 fee payable to the Village of Palatine, for each application submitted. Forms of payment accepted are checks, cash and credit card (Visa and Master Card). For additional information, visit www.travel.state.gov
For Passport Applications, Frequently Asked Questions, and Further Details:
Please click here
or call the Palatine Clerk's Office at (847) 359-9051.