Trick or Treat Hours
3:00 pm until 7:00 pm
Saturday, October 31, 2015
BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
Kids love Halloween! To dress up in scary costumes and go door-to-door yelling “Trick or Treat” is one of the great adventures of autumn.
Trick or treat hours within the Village will be 3 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31. Follow these easy tips to keep children safe:
- Always go trick or treating accompanied by an adult.
- Stick to the designated trick or treat time and pick subdivisions and areas with many homes.
- Plan a safe route so you know where your children are at all times. Set a time for their return home. If your child goes out with just friends, make sure he or she has a cell phone.
- Stay together as a group if going out without an adult. Be sure to let your parents know who you are with and where you are going.
- Stay in well-lit, populated areas and do not wander off by yourself.
- Do not eat any treats until they can be examined at home by an adult.
- Never enter a home, back or side yard of a stranger or get into a stranger’s car. Call 911 or go to a neighbor’s house for help.
- Carry a flashlight, glow stick or have reflective tape on costumes to make them more visible to cars.
- Make sure costumes are flame retardant or have been treated with fire retardant spray.
- Avoid masks. They limit vision. Use make-up instead.
Remember that this is a day of fun. Palatine does not tolerate vandalism. Damaging property is a crime and the police will arrest those who think they can get away with mischief because it is Halloween.