Palatine Blood Drive
October 7, 2013
The Palatine Board of Health and the Palatine Medical Reserve Corps are hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM at the Palatine Village Hall, 200 E. Wood Street in Meeting Room C. The blood drive will be conducted by LifeSource, Chicagoland’s Blood Center.
The actual donation process is quick, easy, and painless. And always remember, with every donation that you give, you are saving up to three lives!
Donors will be eligible to enroll in the LifeSource Brighten Life program which recognizes donors who have committed to saving lives through blood donation. Brighten Life members earn points with every successful donation that can be redeemed for exclusive rewards, including gift cards and merchandise.
Did you know?
- 60% of the population is medically eligible to give blood, yet only 5% of the national population donates blood.
- If all blood donors gave 2 to 4 times a year, it would help prevent blood shortages.
- 4.5 million Americans would die each year without life saving blood transfusions
- Every three seconds someone needs blood.
- About three gallons of blood supports the entire nation’s blood needs for one minute.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact LifeSource at (877) 543- 3768 or visit www.lifesource.org. Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins are always welcome.