This Policy guides how the Village of Palatine collects, stores and uses information about citizens/entities who visit this website. The Village of Palatine strives to provide online resources in a safe, secure manner that respects your privacy when you visit our site.
If you visit the Village of Palatine's website(s), the Village of Palatine may collect some or all of the following information:
- The name of your domain; for example, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account;
- The IP address; a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet.
- The type of browser, version, and operating system used to access the site;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
- The pages you visit within the Village of Palatine's websites; and
- The links made to other websites through the Village of Palatine websites.
This information is collected for statistical analysis using third-party or proprietary software programs to create summary statistics of web traffic. The statistics are used for the purpose of determining what information is of most and least interest to all visitors and identifying system performance or problem areas in order to better plan future site enhancements. This information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes.
Voluntarily Provided Information
We do not collect personal information without your permission. If, during your visit to this website, you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information, we will collect such information. Examples of personally identifiable information may include:
- Your name, address, email address and/or phone number or any other information requested; Information you voluntarily submit to Village of Palatine for the purposes of completing or submitting an application or form online;
Be aware that when you give us your personal information for purposes of communicating with or requesting information from Village of Palatine, that communication becomes part of the public record and is subject to disclosure under applicable Illinois and Federal statute(s). As a general rule, we will not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online to entities outside of Village of Palatine departments and agencies except where you have given us permission.
Sale of Data
E-mail addresses or any personally identifying information about individuals are not sold or rented to any governmental or commercial entities.