Building Permits & Inspections
Citizen Self Service (CSS) Online Permitting
- Express permits will be available exclusively on CSS. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
- Standard permits will be available on CSS and in person although we strongly encourage the use of the CSS system.
- Contractor registration will be available exclusively on CSS. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
Registration set up
- We recommend using a general email address so your company only has one online account. Multiple team members can be added as contacts for your company during setup.
- (Example: email@example.com)
- Property Owners can use their personal email address
Village Hall Hours
The Village Hall has re-opened to the public. Visitors must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order by wearing a face mask/covering while in the building.
The Village Hall hours will be as follows:
Monday - Friday: 8 AM – 4 PM
For those that do not wish to visit us in person, The Building Department has made adjustments to their services including the following.
- Suspension of the pre-submittal meeting requirements.
- The option to mail permit applications and supporting documents. Please select the Express or Standard Building Permit tabs to the left for adjusted permit submittal procedures and requirements.
- Adjustments to building inspections. Please select the Inspections tab to the left for details.
- Adjustments to contractor registration. Please select the Contractor Registration tab to the left for details.
Please understand that Village staff and Inspectors are currently following the CDC guidelines for social distancing and request that you do the same.
We appreciate your understanding.
The Village of Palatine offers two types of permits: Express or Standard
Express permits are for smaller detached single-family home projects specifically listed. Our goal is to have these reviewed in 3 business days.
Standard permits are for larger projects, demolition, permanent signs, new homes or additions and all commercial and multi-family projects. Our goal is to have these reviewed in 10 business days. Pre-Submittal meetings are required. Please call 847-359-9037 to schedule an appointment.