- Village of Palatine
- Village Clerk's Office
- Passport Services
The Village Clerk’s Office (200 East Wood Street- 2nd Floor)
Accepts Passport Applications
Passports will be processed by Appointment Only starting April 1, 2021
Monday - Thursday from 9 AM to Noon & 1 PM to 3 PM
PLEASE CALL 847-359-9050
Passport Application Information
Visit the links below for information on how to apply for a passport.
U.S. Passports and International Travel website.
Requirements to Process a Passport
- Completed DS-11 Application - Use Black Ink and the form must be signed in front of an acceptance agent.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship-
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate with parents’ name
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Passport Book or Passport Card
- Identification - Valid Driver’s License or State ID, previous passport, or naturalization certificate
- Passport Photo - 2" x 2" color photo with white or off-white background
- Expired Passport Book or Passport Card
Children under the age of 16 must appear with both parents and submit an original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
Passport Renewal Applications
Passport Renewal applications (DS-82) are not processed at Passport Acceptance Facilities, they are completed and mailed by the passport applicant. No execution fee is paid in this process. To be eligible to use the Passport Renewal Application, you must be able to answer "yes" to the following:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with the application?
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book and/or card was issued?
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book and/or card less than 15 years ago.
- The U.S. passport book and/or card that is being renewed has not been mutilated, damaged, lost, stolen or subsequently found.
- My U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal 10-year validity?
- I use the same name as on my most recent U.S. Passport book and/or card -- or-- I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper certified documentation to reflect my name change.
Passport Renewal Forms (Form Number DS-82)
For more information regarding passport renewals and to download a renewal application (DS-82), please visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel website. If you qualify, you will save the execution fee and must mail the completed form yourself. You do not need to appear before an acceptance agent to renew a passport.
All persons who are not eligible to apply by mail, must appear in person to apply for a passport. This includes all minor children under age 16. This requirement is another important step in preventing international parental child abduction and trafficking.
Fees (Per Application)
Adult Passport Book (age 16 and above) - $130 Passport Card $30
Child Passport Book (age 15 and under) - $100 Passport Card $15
Expedited Fee (additional fee) - $60 Overnight Mailing Fee (optional)
Facility Execution Fee (per application) - $35 (Payable to the Village of Palatine in the form of cash, check or credit card)
Passport application payment includes the application fee, any expedited fee and/or any overnight return mailing fee. Payment must be made in the form of a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State. The state-mandated facility execution fee of $35 is made payable to the Village of Palatine. Starter checks are not acceptable forms of payment. The check/money order must be dated on the date you apply for a passport.
After submitting the passport application, the U.S. Department of State will mail the new passport, along with any original documentation papers, to the mailing address provided on your application.
PASSPORT BOOK DELIVERY TIMES
Please visit: travel.state.gov for up-to-date processing times.
Individuals requiring passports within 14 days or less need to contact Passport Services at 877-487-2778 to make an appointment, at the Chicago Passport Agency. Proof of travel dates and/or itinerary are required.
Passport cards can only be used for land or sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda. Passport card may not be used to travel by air.
The passport application gives you the option to apply for a regular passport book, a passport card, or both. The fee for a passport card is $30 (adult), $15 (under the age of 16), with check or money order, made payable to the U.S. Department of State. In addition, there is a $35 fee payable to the Village of Palatine, for each application submitted.
The Palatine Clerk’s office can provide forms and assistance needed for passport processing. Additional forms and/or documentation may be required to complete the application process depending on any special circumstances presented.
For passport applications, frequently asked questions, and further details, please visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel FAQs page or call the Palatine Clerk’s Office at 847-359-9050.