Scheduling the Inspection
An inspection of the rental property is required for licensing. It may only be scheduled after the application and payment have been submitted to our office.
- The owner or designated agent should call our office at 847-202-6673 to schedule the inspection appointment
- Inspections are conducted Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We will schedule a specific date and time for your inspection.
- Owner or designated agent listed on the rental license application must be present for the inspection appointment. The Inspector will meet owner/agent at the front entrance of the building. Do not wait in rental unit for Inspector; meet him at the front entrance of the building. We can only meet with the individuals who have been listed on and signed the rental license application form. If an unauthorized individual appears for the inspection in place of owner or agent, the appointment will be canceled and a cancellation fee will be assessed.
- Failure to appear for a scheduled inspection without providing 24 hours' notice (for an a.m. appointment) or by 11 a.m. (for a p.m. appointment) will result in a cancellation fee.
Inspection Report Results
At the completion of the inspection, the Inspector will provide you with a copy of the Inspection Report:
- If the inspection is approved, no reinspection will be necessary for current licensing year.
- If the inspection fails, you are required to correct any code violations noted on the Inspection Report. You must call our office at 847-202-6673 to schedule a reinspection appointment to be completed within the time frame given by the Inspector.