Message from the Fire Chief
The Palatine Fire Department was established on June 13, 1887, and was originally operated by 45 Palatine residents serving as volunteer Firefighters. Since that time, our Fire Department has grown to operate from five fire stations staffed by 91 career firefighters supported by five administrative civilians. While our staffing, equipment, and challenges have evolved over time, we have remained resolute in our commitment and mission to provide the finest all-hazard emergency response possible.
Palatine Fire Department “Fast Facts”
- We respond to approximately 8,000 Fire and EMS calls annually.
- Our Fire Department protects approximately 70,000 residents within the 13.5 square miles of the Village of Palatine.
- We have pre-established working relationships (i.e., Automatic Aid Agreements) with all of our neighboring municipalities including Lake Zurich, Long Grove, Arlington Heights, Rolling Meadows, and Inverness.
- The Palatine Fire Department is an active member of MABAS (Mutual Aid Box Alarm System) Division-1.
- Our Fire Department is a collaborative partner within the “RPM” (Palatine Rural-Palatine-Rolling Meadows) program guiding the three individual Fire Departments to train and operate under a common tactical curriculum.
Other Emergency Services
Beyond the traditional Fire and EMS services provided by most Fire Departments, we also provide “Special Team” responses to the following situations; Hazardous material releases, underwater rescue and recoveries, swift water rescues, urban search and rescue, confined space rescues, building collapses, above and below grade rescues, and fire investigations.
Community Safety Services
The Palatine Fire Department also participates in numerous non-emergency activities such as fire prevention and building inspection services, Community Risk Reduction (CRR) programs, public education events, and grade school fire safety programs.
As Fire Chief, I am proud of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and professionalism our members exhibit every day. Further details of our programs and services can be found on this website or by calling our administrative offices at 847-202-6340.
Thank you for your interest and support.