Outdoor Sound Permit
The following information relates only to planned private events on residential properties (such as a birthday party, graduation party, family reunion, etc.). Any other type of event must complete a Special Event Application.
Guidelines & Restrictions:
- An Outdoor Amplified Sound Permit Application must be submitted to the Village no less than 7 days prior to the proposed event.
- If a permit is issued, it shall be limited to the corresponding hours approved by the Village. A permit may also contain additional restrictions and/or conditions as specifically required by the Village.
- Amplified sound shall be limited to music or human speech.
- Speakers or other sound amplification equipment shall be directed, to the extent possible, toward open or unoccupied space and away from neighbors.
- The amplified sound shall be controlled so that it will not be unreasonably loud, disturbing, or create a nuisance to the neighborhood. No amplified sound shall include any lewd, obscene, profane, or indecent language or sounds.
- During any event, the Police Department may revoke or restrict a permit if the sound is deemed to be in violation of any of the above guidelines and restrictions.