Special Event Permit
Special Events help create a vibrant and interesting community. They also involve advance planning, logistics, and can create impacts that require Village services and regulation.
To make sure your next event runs smoothly, please contact the Village's Special Event Coordinator, Susan Storelli, at (847) 359-9028 with plenty of lead time to determine the need for a Special Event Permit and discuss the application process. There is a $75 fee that will be due prior to the Village's application approval.
The following provides an outline of the types of Special Events that would require Village approval:
- All outdoor events (except block parties) held on Village property, i.e., streets, sidewalks, parking lots, and/or deemed to significantly impact normal Village operations (such as Police patrol, Fire/EMS service, etc.).
- An outdoor event held by a licensed business that will be open to the general public. Examples include sidewalk sales, tent sales, promotions held in parking lots, etc.
- Other events not defined as "Special Events" may still require permits for food and temporary structures. For information and applications related to Food Permits please click on the following link: https://www.palatine.il.us/492/Permit-Applications
Special event permit applications are available on the Village’s on-line application portal: Citizen Self Service (CSS) Portal.
Registering in the CSS System: To utilize the Village’s CSS system, you must first register in the system. To start this process please click on the following link: Citizen Self Service Portal
Step-by-Step CSS Registration Guide: The Village has created a Step-by-Step Guide to help walk you through the registration process. To view the guide please click on the following link: Registration and Log-in Guide
If your proposed Special Event includes any of the elements listed below, separate applications (available through the Village's CSS portal) will also be required:
- Temporary Food
- Tent/Stage/Generator Permit
- Temporary Event Liquor License
Other Event Applications: