Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The following summarizes the Village's political sign regulations:
Political Signs on Private Property:
- Must have property Owner’s permission.
- Signs may be installed within 30 days of Election Day and must be removed within 48 hours after the Election. These time restrictions do not apply to private residential property.
- Property Owner will be responsible for any violations.
Political Signs within the Public Right-of-Way:
- Signs may be installed within 72 hours prior to Election Day (signs may be installed no earlier than Saturday, November 3, 2018).
- Signs must be removed within 24 hours after the Election (signs shall be removed by the end of Wednesday, November 7, 2018).
- No sign may be placed in a boulevard landscaped area, median landscaped area, decorative planter, asphalt or brick paver area.
- No sign may be attached to any lamp post, utility pole, tree, public structure or building, ground sign or other permanent structure.
- Candidate will be responsible for any violations.
- All signs shall be limited to a maximum area of 8 square feet and a maximum height of 4 feet.
- All signs shall provide a minimum setback of 1 foot from any curb, shoulder or sidewalk.
Please be aware that the Village will remove any signs that are illegal or deemed to create safety concerns for pedestrians or motorists.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR COMMUNITY AND ADHERE TO THESE SIGN REGULATIONS