Village Featured Topics
We have relocated back to our renovated Village Hall at 200 E. Wood St. Please note the following important announcements:
Thank you for patience as we get settled back into Village Hall! To see the latest pictures from April 2016, please click here. For more pictures of the entire process and information on the renovation project, please click here.
- The 24-hour drop box for payments is now located in front of the main entrance of 200 E. Wood St. Please do not put anything in the drop box located in front of the Wilson St. location.
- Village Hall will remain open all of this week despite the Hometown Fest set up and festival. Patrons will still have access to the on-street parking on Wood St., the Cutting Hall parking lot (located on the west side of the building), and the Park District parking lot (located on the east side of the building).
- Village Offices will be closed on Monday, July 4 for Fourth of July. All Offices will reopen on Tuesday, July 5 at 8 a.m.
- The next Village Council Meeting will be held on Monday, July 11 at 7 PM at our renovated Village Hall (200 E. Wood St). There will be no Village Council meeting on Tuesday, July 5 or Monday, July 18.
- The next Zoning Board of Appeals meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 28 at the Palatine Police Department (595 N. Hicks Rd.). The first Zoning Board of Appeals meeting to be held at our renovated Village Hall (200 E. Wood St.) will be on Tuesday, July 12.
- The next Plan Commission meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 19 at our renovated Village Hall (200 E. Wood St.). There will be no Plan Commission meeting on Tuesday, July 5.
PURCHASE YOUR VEHICLE STICKERS AND ANIMAL LICENSES BY JUNE 30!
Vehicle stickers and animal licenses are available for purchase online by clicking on the "Vehicle/Animal License Online Purchase" icon on the right side of the screen. You can also purchase both in-person Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., or by mail (only checks will be accepted). For the vehicle sticker application, please click here
. For the animal license application, please click here
. The last day to purchase both vehicle stickers and animal licenses without penalty is Thursday, June 30. You can purchase them in person until 5 p.m. or online until 11:59 p.m. Appropriate late fees and citations will be issued beginning July 1.
Bike Plan Improvements to be Completed this Month
In July 2011, the Village adopted a Bicycle Transportation Plan with the goal of increasing bicycle commuting by creating a comprehensive and safe system of bicycle facilities that focus on travel to work, retail centers, schools, and recreational areas throughout the Village. With the help of a grant from the Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program (ITEP), the Village has been able to make improvements to help Palatine become more "bicycle-friendly". These improvements include adding additional bike routes and installing new route signage and pavement markings and are expected to be completed in mid-June.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Harry Spila, Director of the Community Services Department, at (847) 359-9027. For some commonly asked questions and answers about the Palatine Bike Plan improvements, and for more general information on bicycling in Palatine, please click here.