Contest by Mail:
- Fill in the Contest by Mail circle on the notice stub and on the self-addressed return envelope.
- Enclose a letter signed by the registered owner of the vehicle setting forth facts that establish a defense.
- Enclose any supporting evidence, such as affidavits, photos, state vehicle registration, official police vehicle theft/or recovery reports with the Violation Notice Number indicated.
- Be certain these documents are legible and complete.
- Send copies, as original documents will not be returned.
- Enclose all evidence to support your defense as the hearing officer’s decision is final.
- All Contest By Mail materials must be submitted using the enclosed return envelope and must be received by the Pay or Contest By date.
Requests After Pay or Contest By Date
Requests to Contest Received After the Pay or Contest By date:
- If the Registered Owner is a resident of the municipality in which the violation occurred, the person must visit the Village Hall and complete a written petition form.
- If the Registered Owner is not a resident of the municipality in which the violation occurred, the registered owner (no one else) must send a document to the Village Hall
- Explain why a reply was not sent prior to the Pay or Contest By date.
- State why the request to contest should be heard.
Palatine Village Hall
200 E Wood Street
Palatine, IL 60067
Contest / Request an In-Person Hearing:
- Fill in the In-Person Hearing circle on the return stub and on the return envelope. Mail the stub in the return envelope.
- Requests will only be honored if received by the Pay or Contest By date