Outdoor Sound Waiver
The following information relates only to planned private events on residential properties (such as a birthday party, graduation party, family reunion, etc.). Any other type of event must complete a Special Event Application.
Guidelines & Restrictions:
The applicant shall review these guidelines and restrictions and truthfully complete the permit application.
- An Outdoor Amplified Sound Permit Application must be submitted to the Village no less than 7 days prior to the proposed event.
- At least 7 days before the event, the applicant(s) or responsible person/organization shall notify all residents or businesses within 150 feet of the location of the event. The notice shall include the date, and type of event, and the name and phone number of the person(s) who may be contacted during the event regarding any complaint.
- The person(s) listed on the application as having authority to control noise or event must remain at this event until its completion and shall be available to accept any complaints.
- If a permit is issued, it shall be limited to the corresponding hours approved by the Village. A permit may also contain additional restrictions and/or conditions as specifically required by the Village.
- Starting October 1, 2022: The playing of live and/or amplified music is limited to the date and time specified on the permit, but in no event shall begin before 10:00 am or continue after 10 PM on Fridays and Saturdays or 9 PM on Sundays - Thursdays.
- Amplified sound shall be limited to music or human speech.
- The applicant(s) and responsible person/organization shall explain the provisions of this permit policy to all members of the live band, the DJ and all attendees of the event.
- Speakers or other sound amplification equipment shall be directed, to the extent possible, toward open or unoccupied space and away from neighbors.
- The amplified sound shall be controlled so that it will not be unreasonably loud, disturbing, or create a nuisance to the neighborhood. No amplified sound shall include any lewd, obscene, profane, or indecent language or sounds.
- During any event, the Police Department may revoke or restrict a permit if the sound is deemed to be in violation of any of the above guidelines and restrictions.
- The person submitting the application should read and agree to the provisions above and understand and agree to the assumption of risk, waiver, and release of all claims provisions of the outdoor sound permit policy.