Applying for a Special Event
Special Events help create a vibrant and interesting community. They also involve advance planning, logistics and can create impacts that require Village services and regulation.
To make sure your next event runs smoothly, please contact the Village at (847) 359-9050 with plenty of lead time to determine the need for a Special Event Permit and start the application process.
A Special Event Application must be completed for the following special events:
- All outdoor events held on Village property, i.e., streets, sidewalks, and/or deemed to significantly impact normal Village operations (such as Police patrol, Fire/EMS service, etc.) are considered special events.
- An event that requests any of the following actions is considered a special event: Any Event requiring street closures (except block parties, which are not considered special events); Events that require use or closure of Village parking lots, right-of-way, and/or the use of Village-owned property; An outdoor event held by a licensed business that will be open to the general public. Examples of such events include sidewalk sales, tent sales, promotions held in parking lots, etc.
- As of January 1, 2020, an application fee of $75 shall be submitted in conjunction with a Special Event Application.
Special Event Applications and Permits
Other events not defined as "special events may still require permits for food and temporary structures.
- Special Event Liquor License Application (PDF)
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF)
- Special Events Liquor Server
- Tag Day Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Food Event Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Structure / Tent Permit Application (PDF)
Other Special Event Guidelines/Resources
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Food Service Sanitation Code
- IDPH Sanitation Guidelines for Farmers’ Markets (PDF)
- Illinois Special Event Retailer’s Liquor License Application
- Taxes at Fairs, Festivals, Flea Markets, and Craft Shows
Other Event Applications
Special Event Outreach Resources