Leaf Collection Guidelines
You can help make the leaf collection process more efficient and safer by following some simple guidelines:
- Rake your leaves into the street and ready for pick-up by 7 a.m. on your pick-up day, but no earlier than 4 p.m. on the day before your scheduled pick-up day.
- Leaves should be raked about twelve inches away from the curb to allow rainfall to flow down the curb and into the storm inlet.
- If your street does not have curbs, line up your row of leaves on the pavement as close to the shoulder of the road as possible in order to leave the maximum amount of street surface open for traffic.
- Non-leaf material (grass clippings, branches, etc.) should not be raked into the street and/or mixed with the leaves. Non-leaf material can clog up the machines, delay the schedule, and be a safety issue for our personnel operating the equipment. Piles with any debris will be left at the curb.
- Leaves need to be raked into the street. Leaves that are raked just over the edge of the curb or left on the parkway will not be picked up as the leaf machines can do damage to the parkway areas.
- Do not rake around the cul-de-sac islands. Leaves need to be raked to the residential side as our machines are not equipped to pick up around the cul-de-sac islands.
- If leaves are raked out into the street after we have made our initial pass, we cannot return for a second time. Due to the large areas we need to cover in a given day, we can only make one pass through a neighborhood on its scheduled day.
- If rain is predicted, we ask that residents help out by cleaning the inlets in their neighborhood to help prevent flooding.
- Please do not park on the street on the day of pick-up in your neighborhood. The leaf machines are not able to get close to parked vehicles to pick up leaves and we will have to leave the leaf pile behind.