Obtain a Rental License
Applying for a Residential Rental Dwelling License
The owner of a rental property is responsible for applying for the Rental Dwelling License.
- Fill out, sign and submit a Residential Dwelling License Application (PDF). Submit the completed signed application along with licensing fee payment (See Fee Schedule, Chapter 10, Article IV) to our office.
- We do not accept faxed or emailed applications. Payment must accompany application.
- If property is owned by a firm, corporation, LLC or partnership, names of individual members must be listed.
- If a property is under a trust, name of trustee must be listed as well as name of trust.
- If a property manager will be present for inspection or Crime Free Multi-Housing seminar, that individual must be listed as a designated agent and must sign the same application.
- Applications missing signature(s) of owner(s) or agent(s) are not accepted and will be destroyed.
- Schedule an inspection of the rental property by calling 847-202-6673. Inspections are conducted Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Register for and attend a Crime Free Multi-Housing (CFMH) seminar and adopt and enforce a Crime Free Lease Addendum (PDF).
Renewing a Rental Dwelling License
The Rental Dwelling License must be renewed each year for as long as you operate a rental. Approximately 60 days prior to your expiration date, you will receive a letter from our office outlining the steps required to renew your license.