- The Electronics Products Recycling and Reuse Act (SB2313) bans certain electronic products, including televisions and computers, from being disposed of in landfills. For a complete list of products, visit the SWANCC website.
- Electronic waste collection by Groot will be subject to a $20 charge. This includes the collection of up to 5 items, including televisions (under 50 pounds). Televisions in excess of 50 pounds will require an additional charge of $50 per unit. Residents must contact Groot at least one 1 business day in advance of their regular service day to schedule collection. Electronic waste includes televisions, computers, keyboards, facsimile machines, recorders, digital music players, digital video disc players, video game consoles, small scale servers, scanners, electronic mice, digital convertors, cable receivers, satellite receivers, and digital video disc recorders.
- Collection must be prepaid and scheduled in advance by calling Groot at (800) 244-1977.
- The SWANCC provides options and resources for the recycling of electronic products. This includes permanent collection locations and seasonal one-day events. Many retail stores also have drop off programs.
* For resources on electronic recycling, refer to the section titled Green Pages and the SWANCC website.