Special Use Applications

Special Use Permission

A Special Use is permission granted by the Village Council with recommendations given by Village Staff and the Zoning Board of Appeals for use of property in a way not ordinarily permitted in a given zoning district classification. 

The Department of Planning and Zoning is now accepting Special Use and Variation applications submitted through the Community Self Service (CSS) portal. A CSS account is required in order to apply for a Special Use or a Variation, existing CSS accounts that have been used for building permit applications can also be utilized for these processes as well. For detailed information on how to apply, please see the useful links below. 

Useful Links

Process Overview

User Guide

Apply Online